Move from Wisconsin

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Move from Wisconsin

Postby Charlie Vogel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Hey everyone!

just joined UWA a couple days ago and been an awesome site to get the scoop on the kite scene. I'm moving from southern WI out to Park city within the month but i'm still in search of a apt/condo/home to rent in the park city area (canyons/kimball junction) along with my sister, i was wondering you any of you have any thoughts on good areas to look/live in or if anyone is possibly renting. I will be working at the Canyons so would like to be somewhat close to that but centered in the kite scene.

Hope you all are having a good season and getting some breeze! look forward to meeting the kiters and getting on the water out there.

Thanks for your help!

Charlie Vogel
Charlie Vogel

Re: Move from Wisconsin

Postby bordy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Just saw your post, PC is a geat place to kite out of, it is 30minutes to a hour and a half to the goods from there,

good luck finding a pad! See you on the water....or snow....
bordy

Re: Move from Wisconsin

Postby Charlie Vogel » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:51 pm

found a place and should be out in a couple weeks after curing some health problemos, look forward to riding and meeting everyone!

how long does the water season go till? hope i can catch a little before the snow comes
Charlie Vogel

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum