new from St. George,Ut

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

new from St. George,Ut

Postby Bob Egbert » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:19 am

Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone knows of an instructor down in southern Utah. Also, there are 3 reservoirs here. Does anyone know if windsurfing is allowed or if there are other spots that would be better.
Thanks,
Bob
Bob Egbert

Re: new from St. George,Ut

Postby Craig Goudie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:17 am

Hi Bob,

Sand Hollow is windsurfable under the right weather pattern. I've also sailed at Gunlock, but that doesn't get great
wind. Quayle Creek also good under the right circumstances (I've sailed there as well).
All 3 allow windsurfing, or at least, they did the last time I was there.

Your best bet for instruction is to catch Josh Shirley's Traveling Windsurf Circus sometime when he's coming
through your area. PM him here and see if he'd be interested while traveling through.

-Craig

Bob Egbert wrote:Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone knows of an instructor down in southern Utah. Also, there are 3 reservoirs here. Does anyone know if windsurfing is allowed or if there are other spots that would be better.
Thanks,
Bob
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum