New to sport

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

New to sport

Postby NateHoward » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:06 am

Hello out there, I'm new to kitesurfing and am looking for some people to go ride with! Anyone interested in dealing with a new rider let me know, my work schedule is very unpredictable so I have to work around that!
NateHoward

Re: New to sport

Postby Leo Chan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:22 am

Welcome, Nate. Just check the forecast and go to the nearest location and bring some beers for post/pre kiting conversation and I am sure we'll be happy to give you some pointers. :mrgreen:

The wind condition in Utah varies and can change quickly. It is better to get a good feel of the wind before you go out.

See you out there.

Leo
Leo Chan

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum