Best place to go near Provo

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Best place to go near Provo

Postby adelatorre » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Where are some good places to Kite near Provo?
adelatorre

Re: Best place to go near Provo

Postby adelatorre » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:02 pm

I just saw the link to Local Sites & Maps after posting this. Sorry for the dumb newbie question.
adelatorre

Re: Best place to go near Provo

Postby Leo Chan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 am

The seemingly simple question actually has a few different answers. Lindon and SSB are the closest to Provo. For N and NW, SSB is the place to be. I personally like Lindon as it is close to my work and home. For S wind, only Lindon is doable. Deer Creek is also "close" to Provo. So, that's the coverage for water season.

For the snowkite season, you're smack in between Skyline and Strawberry. Lucky you! :mrgreen:
Leo Chan

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum