Aloha from Russian Kitesurfers!

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Aloha from Russian Kitesurfers!

Postby Pashembo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:49 am

Hello to all kite and windsurfers!
My name is Pavel. I am from Russia. I've been for 5 years kitesurfing. In my free time I work as an instructor. Before kitesurfing, I've been windsurfer for several years.
I've been in Salt Lake City for 2 weeks now. I found your forum, but account activate only now. I traveled a few lakes from those listed on the forum (Utah Lake, Deer Creek, Sulpher Creek). I did not meet any of you anywhere. Last year I was in California, rent equipment and ride on Long Beach.
In Utah I found 3 sites: Derik Sayers (kiteukb.com), ukbinc.com both do not respond. Uintakiting.com offered only training at an expensive price. Tell me where most kiters ride? Maybe there is some sort of get-togethers, rent or you can just agree and ride together with me. I'll be in Salt Lake City a few more days. If it does not work out now, maybe next time.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English, I partially used google translator.
Pashembo

Re: Aloha from Russian Kitesurfers!

Postby Craig Goudie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:59 am

Greetings Pavel, and welcome to Utah, your best bet to find Kite boarders 8/22 is to go to Deer Creek res
at the very North end (Sometimes known as Barbwire Beach), near the Charleston launch.
You'll be able to see the Kites from the road, but, today, there may only be the desperate, as rain and shifty
wind are likely under T-heads and cloudy skies. Kinda risky for Kiters.

Also, I recommend Kiters with Attitude https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... 20attitude.
You'll get more action from Kiters there, although they still check the forecast here (whether they admit it or not ;*) )

-Craig

Pashembo wrote:Hello to all kite and windsurfers!
My name is Pavel. I am from Russia. I've been for 5 years kitesurfing. In my free time I work as an instructor. Before kitesurfing, I've been windsurfer for several years.
I've been in Salt Lake City for 2 weeks now. I found your forum, but account activate only now. I traveled a few lakes from those listed on the forum (Utah Lake, Deer Creek, Sulpher Creek). I did not meet any of you anywhere. Last year I was in California, rent equipment and ride on Long Beach.
In Utah I found 3 sites: Derik Sayers (kiteukb.com), ukbinc.com both do not respond. Uintakiting.com offered only training at an expensive price. Tell me where most kiters ride? Maybe there is some sort of get-togethers, rent or you can just agree and ride together with me. I'll be in Salt Lake City a few more days. If it does not work out now, maybe next time.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English, I partially used google translator.
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum