Fresh from Washington

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Fresh from Washington

Postby steve hathaway » Tue May 15, 2012 10:23 am

Hi you all, my name is Steve aka Wanna-Go on PSKIte and NWKite. I just landed here in the area last Thursday and some of you may have seen me at Lincoln on a 2010 11.5 purple kahoona last Thursday and Sunday. I'm looking for work as well as a lil bigger kite and may possibly be in the area for awhile. I'm located in American Fork and lookin to ride any chance I get. Currently at the start of my 3rd kiteboarding season and also snowboard and snowmobile fairly extensively over the years and started my snowboarding in 1985 at Mt Baker Resort. Looking forward to meeting you and of the one's I have met so far are really friendly and part of a great community. Thank You, Steve
steve hathaway

Re: Fresh from Washington

Postby John Guay » Wed May 16, 2012 8:37 am

Hi Steve,

Welcome to UWA. I saw you at Lincoln on Sunday. Chris Sherwin has a 17m Zephyr for sale in the forum. That's a go to Utah big kite for a good price.

John
John Guay

Postby Jacob Buzianis » Wed May 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Utah's greatest four season kiteboarding.

I have 17m kites for sale. I have 2011 taboo for $650 Used and 2012 TS $1200 New. You can use the same bar on these that you are using on the Kahoona you have.

See you out on the water.

Jacob
Jacob Buzianis

Postby steve hathaway » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Well Hello UTAH!

I just wanted to say Thanks for the good memories during my stay in Utah this past spring and summer. Its been just over 3 months since I have left as quickly as I arrived there. Funny to think I made my arrival work with a forecast to get an awesome 1st session on day one there at Lincoln last May. I had many good sessions there as well as Lindon, DC and Sandy. You have a very good crew of riders there. I hope to return someday to shred some powder. Special Thanks to Peter, Tyler, Mark and Jake. It was an extreme pleasure to meet and ride with all of you.

Thanks Steve
steve hathaway

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum