New Kiter from Chicago

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

New Kiter from Chicago

Postby brian stephens » Tue May 15, 2012 11:35 am

Hello All,

My name is Brian and I am a fairly beginner kiter. I have been kiting a couple times a year for the past 3 years on Lake Michigan. I am looking to meet up with some other kiters who know the spots and may be able to provide some tips to improve. I also wanted to see what the typical kites are that people are flying out here. I can get a 12 and 17m kite and wanted to see if those sizes would be adequate for the wind out here. Any help would be great and looking forward to getting out on the water.
brian stephens

Re: New Kiter from Chicago

Postby Jacob Buzianis » Wed May 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Welcome to Utah!

Text me at 801 671 0129. I'm happy to showing you around and give you some pointers. 12 and 17m kite are the most common sizes we use out here. We also get small kite days.

Tomorrow is looking good for wind at Rush and Deer Creek. 8 to 12m kite.
Jacob Buzianis

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum