Kite bladders

Members' forum for discussing kite issues.

Kite bladders

Postby Jake-wright » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:56 pm

I blew a strut bladder on my havoc. Its been tear-aid repaired from the inside and sandwiched from the outside but was so close to the seam in the bladder it just opened right back up. Im trying to find where i can find a replacement for an '09 16 meter havoc. Anybody with experience or advice offered would be much appreciated. I've heard of air-time kite. But from what i can see on the website they offer '11 and newer which is a 4 strut design and is likely a different size. Thats all i know. Thanks for any help.
Jake-wright

Re: Kite bladders

Postby Marc Hauver » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:53 am

Jake I had a leading edge blow out and Cloud 9 did a great job on stitching up the kite.
Bladder had huge hole 6"x9" so I called Airtime and they were able to get the right size replacement so I recommend just calling one of their techs and explain exactly size you need they should be able to get something that will fit...
Marc Hauver

Postby Leo Chan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:37 pm

Jake, I might have spare strut bladder you can have. My strut bladders works for all Ozone and Cabrihna kites as well. I think it should work for OR kites as well since they come from the same factory. Let me know if you still need ones.

Leo: 801-960-8135
Leo Chan

Postby trevmorrell » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:46 am

Jake, pull it out measure it and call with the dimensions to get a bladder. Those are external one pump which means they can work like a standard inflation system. Should be easy to find a replacement that will work. Cloud 9 also may be able to order the exact bladder from lf too. Call Steve and see what he can come up with before you have one made or try a universal. My two cents.
trevmorrell

Postby DaveHubbel » Tue May 20, 2014 1:27 pm

I would guess they are no longer offered, but the orange bladders are really not good. Once one gets a scuff or gets hung up a bit it stretches out into a little bubble which eventually goes into a leak. They are pretty expensive once you put two valves on them. I replaced two leading edges with them carefully with help and powder. both developed leaks where the ends were folded back into the end of the bladder. One of them worked all day then while carrying the kite upwind, just gave up the ghost with a nickel sized blowout. I recommend the clear, stretchy polyurethane ones like original. Tuff bladders are good. I put them in both kites, still going, no more issues than with the original bladders.
DaveHubbel

Return to Kiters' Forum