5/8, UL Saratoga, 6.0/112L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

5/8, UL Saratoga, 6.0/112L

Postby kenonstott » Wed May 08, 2019 9:55 pm

I have really been craving a UL sesh so went down to Saratoga in spite of the rain predictions. Got to the beach at 3:00 and no wind. By 4:00 it was starting to fill in but was coming in straight onshore. I haven’t seen that before and was a little leery of trying it. But by 5:00 I was on the water in a more northerly wind that was pretty steady 16-20. Perfect 6.0 wind and could have been on the 86L if I wasn’t scared of it dying off. Just as well as about 6:00 the wind fell off suddenly and I had to limp back to the beach. Floaters do have a purpose, especially in any lake bigger than Grantsville. Surprisingly, weather wasn’t the factor I thought it was going to be. Big time rainstorms were going down the east side of the lake but the west side stayed sunny the whole 3 hours I was there. I was often sailing towards rainbows. According to the state park page UL is 78% full. As usual it is also warmer than Grants. A little on the short side but a great sesh.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log