5/25/19, Grants, 6.0/7.0/112L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

5/25/19, Grants, 6.0/7.0/112L

Postby kenonstott » Sat May 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Got there at 7:30 to some nice windlines. Already had a good sesh on the 6.0 when Greg arrived. It died back until Greg launched then had some of the best windlines of the morning. Josh and Patrick arrived and I ended up rigging the 7.0 in a dying wind. Hardly got going before it started raining. Blew pretty nice after rain but then it started raining again so I bagged it. NOAA said no rain before 3:00. Darn. Still any wind this year has to be appreciated. Should have stayed for the afternoon like I planned as it looks like the wind blew pretty good all afternoon. The lake is so full the fence is almost underwater in the middle.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Re: 5/25/19, Grants, 6.0/7.0/112L

Postby DimitriMilovich » Tue May 28, 2019 9:15 am

Hey Ken,

I can't seem to find the G'ville reservoir sensor on the web site. You mentioned a few days back that it's indicating speed, although the direction is skewed. Where are you looking? Thanks.
Dimitri
DimitriMilovich

Re: 5/25/19, Grants, 6.0/7.0/112L

Postby GregGlazier » Thu May 30, 2019 6:23 am

Hey Dimitri,
The actual Grantsville Res.station {RES} is still down, the staion that Ken mentions is {GRS} it is located just less than a mile South after you turn left off of Main Street in Grantsville heading toward the Reservoir (you can see it on East side of road). It reads about 90 degress off in wind direction (W=S + or - ). If you scroll down the list of stations {DESPK} is very useful and reads accurate, the {KTVY} station can be useful as well, especially if it is reading anywhere close to the wind speeds that GRS and DESPK are showing. I usually compare the three stations to get an idea of what is happening, if all three are reading in the high teens plus, it has almost always been good sailing for me out there. Hope to see you out there sometime!

Greg
GregGlazier

Return to Wind Log