05/31 DCCB, 5M Ezzy Hydra/130L Slingshot Dialer

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

05/31 DCCB, 5M Ezzy Hydra/130L Slingshot Dialer

Postby JimSouthwick » Fri May 31, 2019 6:59 pm

Yes, I'm trying to learn foiling; thanks Dave. I've gotten to the point that I don't immediately crash following liftoff, but I'm not even close to making jibes. I can't imagine being as good as Greg! The past few sessions I've become personally acquainted with the fact that foiling to windward is a lot easier than foiling back down wind.

As to the conditions, it was a beautiful, sunny day with relatively steady wind. Water temp is now 60ºF. The water level is dropping but is still quite high. No problem with foil clearance except for a couple of submerged bushes just to windward of the main launch area.
JimSouthwick

Re: 05/31 DCCB, 5M Ezzy Hydra/130L Slingshot Dialer

Postby obzansky » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks for your timely post Jim! I was just about to ask you about launch and water conditions at at DCCB. My only question "Were you smiling?". See you in July.
obzansky

Return to Wind Log