8/16 Sulfur 5.8m 85L Yippee!

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

8/16 Sulfur 5.8m 85L Yippee!

Postby John Freed » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:57 am

Wow! As good as it gets at Sulfur! Full shore to shore reaches, strong gusts, consistent wind (I know... you think I'm pulling your leg...), warm water, sunny, no clouds, small boards... Started on a 5.8m, Ken on his 6.0 and Bob Clark on his 5.2. Ken and I started on 112L, and quickly went down to the 85L, Bob on his 96L. Sailed from about 1:00 until about 4:30, and had to leave some good wind, as all of us were gassed. 3 kiters joined in and seemed to be enjoying the ride! 5.2 was probably the best call, but the amazing thing... Ken only rigged 1 sail (I don't think he has ever done that before). Hopefully today will yield similar results, however if you plan to go to Sulfur, the road construction around Echo Junction is a cluster, plan ahead!
John Freed

Return to Wind Log