8/17/19, Sulfur, 6.0/5.2/86L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

8/17/19, Sulfur, 6.0/5.2/86L

Postby kenonstott » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:43 am

Ditto on the wild-wind-Sulfur of Friday. Definitely worked up to strong and gusty. Definitely not the day for bigger boards as we were able to Start on the 85 liter boards and 5.2’s. But the 5.2’s just planning and we craved the punch we had Friday so we rigged the 6.8(John) and 6.0(Ken). Then it was definitely off to the races. Ended up snapping the rope that holds the boom on but made it back in with the uphaul tied to hold the boom just high enough to sail. Finally jumped back on the 5.2’s in some wild gusty 4.7 winds with some huge rollers, especially for Sulfur. I could say shore to shore sailing but every time we got to the north side it was a rodeo of swirling winds and crazy chop. We were joined by 2 retro kiters and 2 foil kiters. Josh showed up later with his family and was ripping around on his 4.8. John and I were grinning from ear to ear after another wild day. Hooray for Sulfur!
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log