09/04 DCIB, 4,5M/130L Slingshot Dialer

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

09/04 DCIB, 4,5M/130L Slingshot Dialer

Postby JimSouthwick » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:01 pm

A lot better than I anticipated. The strength of the gusts when I arrived suggested that if I was going to try to foil, I needed to rig small (i.e my 4.0 Hydra). Unfortunately, by the time I finished rigging, the wind had backed off considerably, so I got only 2 decent foiling rides on the 4.0. Came in and rigged the 5.0, by which time the gusts had returned to their previous strength :evil: . Borderline overpowered, but did get some decent foiling reaches. Pretty exhausted by the end of the session.

IB was uncrowded, although there were a number of WaveRunners zooming about. No close calls fortunately. The floating playground is still in place but wasn't really a problem. What was a bit of a problem was a patch of floating weeds in front of the Dock-of-the-Bay restaurant. I was able to sail through it, but afterward, until I flipped the board over and cleared off the weeds, I couldn't get any lift out of the foil. No sign of the toxic algae bloom that is said to be affecting DC.
JimSouthwick

Return to Wind Log