10/3 Thursday DCIB 7.5, Thommen GWR 135

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

10/3 Thursday DCIB 7.5, Thommen GWR 135

Postby DimitriMilovich » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Duane and I arrived to a gorgeous fall day. I'm sure Greg saw it all too. The hillsides were on fire with red oak. Drive through Midway was colored with greens, reds, and yellow aspens. Wow.
We sailed about 2:30-4:30. Best wind I've had at DC in years. Great 7.5, almost no lulls, no crazy gusts. I enjoyed lots of shore to shore planers, and two hours of quite consistent wind. Very few boats - I saw 2.
'Course it's possible that because my partner was away and I was able to use her magical Thommen board, that it was gear instead of the wind or my skill. Regardless, a primo DC day. There were still rides to be had all through our derigging until we drove off around 5:30.

Oh yeah - forgot to add - lake is really high. Gate person said it was because of a big water year, so they didn't need to let out as much water. She also said that only Charleston has the green slime and it's not at a hazardous level yet (hmm, not sure about that). I didn't see any today, far different from last year at this time.
Dimitri
DimitriMilovich

Return to Wind Log