10/16/19, Grants, 7.0/6.0/112L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

10/16/19, Grants, 7.0/6.0/112L

Postby kenonstott » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Wasn’t expecting much and surprised when I got there to see the lake covered with whitecaps. Reading near 20 MPH. But it died back to 15-18 before I could get wetsuit on. Pretty much comfortably sailing the 6.0 or screaming across the lake on the 7.0 until Noon. I was kicking myself for not keeping sailing but it went north before I got packed so just as well. My dash said it was 37 in Grants city and 42 when I got to the lake but by the time I rigged it felt like more like low 50’s and mid 60’s when I quit, dash temp must be wrong. I didn’t measure the water temp but it felt pretty frigid. Last time I was at Grants my feet were warmer in the water than in the wind, this time if you stood long enough in the shallows the feet started freezing. Still the longest reach I can remember this time of year. Nice morning.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log