3/15/20, Grants, 6.0/5.7/112L/86L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

3/15/20, Grants, 6.0/5.7/112L/86L

Postby kenonstott » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:40 pm

NOAA saying clearer, warmer, and windier. A little warmer when I got there but still had cloud cover. Wind was howling when I got there but in 10 minutes it had dropped to 20 and then died back even more. Waited a while then John started rigging a 5.7 so I followed with my 6.0. Started on 112 and 1st pass was perfect. But then the next pass I got blown to bits. Then it settled in for some good rides. The next time it blasted we switched to the 86L boards and we started having a great time. Still wildly gusty like day before but did not regret 6.0. Switched back to the bigger boards as it turned more west near the end of the sesh and had some fun with wild screaming reaches straight at the fishermen on the south dike. Better and longer day than yesterday. With everything now about COVID 19 it is nice to have a sport where social distancing is the norm.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log