08/10 DCCB, 4.0M/130L/84cm wing

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

08/10 DCCB, 4.0M/130L/84cm wing

Postby JimSouthwick » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:30 pm

The wind came up noonish. Serious whitecap action when I arrived, suggesting the need for quite a small sail. So I was surprised to learn that Mike M. was already out on an 8.5M. Another sailor (returning to the sport after a long absence - sorry, didn't get/remember the name) was rigging a 6.5. Still, it looked to me as though 4.0 would be plenty for a flailing foiler, so that's what I put on, and it worked pretty well. There are now floating weeds, but they weren't too much of a problem. What was a problem was the shallowness of the water, waist deep in places quite far from shore. I was eventually able to walk out far enough to get clearance for my 30" foil mast and got some decent foiling rides, but this will be my last foiling session for this season at my favorite launch (2 miles from my driveway).

My meter recorded a peak gust of 27mph.
JimSouthwick

Re: 08/10 DCCB, 4.0M/130L/84cm wing

Postby mmontmorency » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:00 am

Mike S. was the guy on the Ultra Cat and a six meter. It was good to have him out again. I rigged big since it always seems to taper off rapidly at Deer Creek. That 8.5 Cheetah has an incredible wind range! I’m glad you sold it to me Jim.
mmontmorency

Return to Wind Log