8/27 Grantsville busted

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

8/27 Grantsville busted

Postby duanekarren » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:10 pm

Arrived at 7:50 to little wind even though GV windmeter showed quite steady conditions all morning eg 18-21. When I arrived my personal windmeter showed regular wind in the 8-12 range and the best gust was a short lived 16. I thought it would pick up so I hung around but it never really got going enough to provide more than a short ride on a gust. Regular wind stayed in the 8-14 range with occasional gusts. Some even reaching 20- 25 but they didn't last. I also made a couple of trips down to the water (150 yards+or-) to check the wind there. It was always less and I never saw any visible white caps although I was looking into the sun. Knowing GV would likely shut down by 10:00 to 10:30 (which it did) I gave it up.
duanekarren

Return to Wind Log