9/18/20, Grants, 6.0/112L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

9/18/20, Grants, 6.0/112L

Postby kenonstott » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:58 pm

I have been on injured reserve for a while and excited to finally get a probationary wind trial. I was released for a 30-45 minute sesh. It was unlikely I could stop that quick without John along to steal my equipment. And sure enough I made it past 1.5 hours. Much smoother wind than anything we experienced in August. Just perfect 6.0 winds. Nice that the cooler temperatures are allowing the wind to continue until 11:00 instead of the 10:00 stoppage in August. The reach is getting a little short so went steep upwind going east so I could have screaming broad reaches coming back to shore. Tons of fun. Only a couple of fishermen were around for a mostly sunny but somewhat hazy morning. Water is down of course but hasn’t dropped that much since August. Attitude is everything and I was pumped to be back on the water.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log