09/21 DCIB, 3.5M/130L foil

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

09/21 DCIB, 3.5M/130L foil

Postby JimSouthwick » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:19 pm

Similar to yesterday, but if anything, even gustier. I shared the fun with Team Ward (George & Stone) Dave O' and Pete (my apologies if I got your name wrong). Like yesterday, the wind was strong when I arrived (gusting to 25) and appeared to be building, then backed off to almost a dead calm. By that time I had me 3.5 rigged, so I took it down to the water but wasn't optimistic. Dave rigged a 7.0, George a 7.5. And then, like yesterday, some pretty strong gusts (up to 29) started coming through, and Stone was flying! I was able get up on foil in the biggest gusts, most of which, alas, were quite brief. A kitefoiler joined us for a while and seemed to be having no problems whatsoever with the gusts; he did, however, learn the hard way about the sandbar in front of the Dock of the Bay , but he was quickly back up and foiling.
JimSouthwick

Return to Wind Log