Lake levels

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Lake levels

Postby kenonstott » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:56 pm

The latest information I can find shows Utah Lake at 46% (5.5ft), Yuba at 27%, Mona at 7%, and Grants at 79% (June 20). Utah Lake is the only current data, the rest being up to a month old. Has anyone been to Utah Lake to know if it is rising any? Is Mona really at 7%? Anyone sailed Yuba this year. Glad Sulfur is at 100%.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Re: Lake levels

Postby pavel krasnov » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:09 pm

I was at UL yesturday, and have been going there a couple of times a week for the past month. It is not rising. There is significant beach space at Lindon. A bit tricky to put a boat on in the marinas, but its quite kitable.
pavel krasnov

Re: Lake levels

Postby duanekarren » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:20 pm

I was at Yuba on Saturday. Could see Mona from the freeway on the way down and back. It is essentially empty so the 7% sounds correct. I am sure it is not sailable. Yuba Lake is down also but is sailable if you can wend your way between the jet skiers and hordes of people. I haven't been there in a lot of years but I would term it a "gathering place". Almost impossible to even find a place to get to the beach. If you are going there I would avoid weekends.
duanekarren

Return to Main Message Board