2007 Best 20m Waroo for sale, used once

Buy and Sell your kite gear here. Ads automatically removed after 6 months

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Sell or give away whatever you consider pertinent to kiting.
-Please delete what you've sold. Or update post after 3 months. (unless they are informatively helpful posts)

2007 Best 20m Waroo for sale, used once

Postby lesvierra » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:12 pm

I've had the kite from shippment for a total of 3 days and I used the kite once on Pineview today. The kite is a beautiful purple and flys great. Perfect condition. I wish I could keep it, but I blew my ski edge out on some ice from a fishing hole. Game over for me until I get some skis.

Buy this kite and you wont have to wait for Best to send it to you, price is negotiable, maybe $100-200 off retail, depending on the price of my replacement skis. I'm broke, and broken, please help.
lesvierra

Bummer

Postby bordy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:07 pm

Les,

The ski shop I work at has some demo skiis for $150 in Park City they are sick atomic carvers from a year or two ago $1400 new. Or just pull out your edge and get off that slippery ice. We could use more waroos around strawberry, you should keep yours and come down. We do have fishin holes also though...

Hope you are ok. If not heal fast.

Billy
bordy

Postby lesvierra » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:27 pm

Hey thanks for the advice and get well coments. I'm actually ok (broken heart so to speak, not bones), just the thought of not skiing or snowkiting and giving up the waroo has me down. Actually I could rip off the edge all the way and have a usuable ski. For now the kite is still for sale but that may change quick.
thanks, Les
lesvierra

Postby MikE mAy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:19 pm

i don't know how big you are, or what size ski you use, but i've got an old pair of dynastar bigs (vintage first year they made them) that i use maybe once a year for touring on rocks. they are beat up and could use a base weld and sharpen the edges. you are free to use them if you want though. they would be fine for skiing the powder and hardpack, but not the ice. let me know if you want to borrow them. i'd like to keep them around for nostalgia purposes though. it'll get you back up on the snow without selling your waroo though. they are 190's with about a 80 waist. they have beefy binders on too.

also, let me know what size ski you use and i might have some other skis at my parents i can either just give to you or let you borrow as well. i hate to see you sell your kite...
MikE mAy

Postby lesvierra » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:56 pm

Thanks Mike. Man, this is a good place to be down on your luck. I have the kite sold on ebay, so hopefully I'll have some cash soon. I do have some skis I can pull out of the archives, its just weird skiing on old toothpicks after you've been on relatively fats. Also, the money gained by the 20m waroo allowed me to purchase some ozone access kites for instructing. Ski touring and floating on pow will have to wait, but I can still ride. Thanks for the help.
lesvierra

Return to Kites Buy/Sell