New surfer needs equipment

List windsurfing gear you have to buy and sell. Ads are automatically removed after 6 months.

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Sell or give away whatever you consider pertinent to windsurfing.
-Please delete what you've sold, or update your post after 3 months. (unless the post is as interesting as Jason Morton's Liquidation sale!)

New surfer needs equipment

Postby jake lewis1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:01 pm

I am new to wind surfing and would like to get some gear. I guess from what i have read on here I need beginner gear. I would like to eventually get into freestyle and big wave riding. I am 6'2 and approx. 185 pounds. Any help or suggestions is welcome. Excited to get going.
jake lewis1

Re: New surfer needs equipment

Postby Mike Egan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm

I've got a couple sails for sale that would work for you depending on your skill level. If you are just starting a have a great 4.2, boom and mast that will work great now and later when you are ripping it up. If you are already up and going and need some power I have a 7.5 sailworks retro, everyone in Utah needs a 7.5 :oo . I would not buy a true beginner board for your size, or beginner sails as you will quickly out grow them. However, don't buy a race board or races sails, freeride, freestyle or freemove stuff will work well. Give a call 801-502-3217 Thanks
michael egan
Mike Egan
Windsurfer

Postby Babcock » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 am

Hi I have a Fanatic Mega Cat longboard w/ a dagger board that you may want to consider. We're about the same size. Wide short boards or long boards w/ a dagger board are good for learning. The advantage of the long board is the use of the dagger board which adds stability will learning or allows great upwind options so you can get back to where you started!
Board has over 230 liters of float and with dagger board down tacking (upwind turn) and uphauling easy to handle. I also have a 6.5 m sail which will work for learning basics but as soon as you get
into the harness you will need bigger sails for Utah conditions.
JB 801 745 0902
Babcock

Postby jake lewis1 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Is that setup going to be good for learning, and if it is how much are you looking to get for it? Also just to make sure, is that all I will need to get started.
jake lewis1

Return to Windsurf Buy/Sell