Utahn Gorge Invasion 2008

A place to ask your questions or give up your secret tips about the Columbia River Gorge

Utahn Gorge Invasion 2008

Postby RickHeninger » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:18 pm

Looks like quite a few Utahns are headed up to the Gorge at the end of the month and beginning of August... Heaven's knows we need it...

Some are headed up there before July 24th, but many right after July 24th and staying anywhere from a week to three weeks...

Darren? You headed up? Will there be a Tiki Party? Will the tribe be lucky enough to see you throw out your mojo on the mic?

There are quite a few people wanting to carpool this year because of gas prices... SO, if you have room in your rig and want somebody to share the damage or if you are willing to jump into somebody else's ride... Post your dates and times so that you can work out the best scenario for what your plans are... At almost $5 a gallon, it might be worth the extra work to pack in a little extra gear.
RickHeninger
Site Admin

car pooling to the gorge

Postby Mike Egan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:37 pm

Who whats to go to the gorge. Looking to go up soon and come back around the beginning of August but I'm flexable. I was just up there and I need to go back due to the lack of wind here at home. Let me know if you are interested. Gas is just too much for me to go it alone.
Thanks Mike 801-502-3217
michael egan
Mike Egan
Windsurfer

Re: Utahn Gorge Invasion 2008

Postby Sarah Ranes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:01 am

Linda and I will be heading for the Gorge the 24th, and will be there for a couple of weeks. Sorry we are flying....so no passangers for us....but we would love to sail with any of our Ute,tribe while there, or get together for dinner....SR
Sarah Ranes

Postby darrenfowler » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:50 am

Aloha Rick!
I just got back from the gorge last Sunday.
But, I am heading back to "da Gorge" via the coast.
I'm leaving the 23rd but I won't make into Hood River until around the 30th(July), give or take a couple of days.
I'll be there until the 10th(August).
My travel will be entirely wind dependent and variable, so someone else (I'm thinking "Rage'in Rick Heninger") should make the Tiki arrangements, and I'll be there for sure if I'm in town.
Aloha, D.
darrenfowler

Postby RickHeninger » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:38 pm

LMAO on the pic of you sporting the speedo and cross at the swim with the polar bears event at Hogle Zoo! :lol:

*(ps... that's not Darren really)

PSS... I'm not worth of planning the Tiki Party... I pass the buck to Sarah and Linda (heck they're the social chair team)...
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby scottgoslin » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:44 pm

wow glad to see so many syced for the wind, wish i could go. Headed to the Delta rio vista. will post pics if possible. mabey a movie for uwa in the spring. Enjoy all , good winds sg
scottgoslin

Return to Gorge Q&A