Utah Summer Games

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Utah Summer Games

Postby John Guay » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:31 am

The Utah Summer Games organizers are no longer able to host a Kite boarding/Windsurfing event at Deer Creek. Evidently the State Park is asking for additional boat support which Summer Games organizers are unable to provide. At this time the only viable option is for them to host a September event at Utah Lake Lincoln Beach. Please respond to this post with yes/no on participating in this event so we can let them know if there is enough support to move forward.
John Guay

Re: Utah Summer Games

Postby Chase.Leibfritz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:00 am

If it helps, I have a boat that I can offer up for the summer games. I know my friend Brad (new to the community) would do the same. Otherwise I'm just as happy to participate at ULLB
Chase.Leibfritz

Postby Josh Shirley » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:31 am

I really like the idea of moving it to Lincoln beach.

There is a Coast Guard Auxiliary in Utah - which consists of 4 or so boats.
They will mostly like help out.

Josh
Whatever thou art, do well thy part.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Postby BradHuber » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:06 pm

My understanding is that ULLB blows a lot less often than DC... may be harder for planning an event?

Either way I would participate.
BradHuber

Postby Leo Chan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:19 pm

ULLB blows in the evening, late. But I think it is way better as a spectator location, right? Parking is an issue for the DCBWB. Either way, I can only participate in September.
Leo Chan

Postby John Guay » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 am

We have tenative date of 9/14 for the Summer Games. The location is ULLB. I will post updates on registration when I get them.
John Guay

Postby John Guay » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Check out Peter Millers video promo for the Summer Games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EowkSsHT-10

Registration info still to come.

Thanks Pete!
John Guay

Postby John Guay » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:28 am

Here is the registration link for the Utah Summer Games. Pre registration is $25 and procedes go to the Schriners Children's Hospital.

http://usawindsports.com/wp-content/upl ... alForm.pdf
John Guay

Postby Chase.Leibfritz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:00 am

I won't be able to provide boat support as previously posted. I'm going to be out of town. Bummer too I was looking forward to the summer games.
Chase.Leibfritz

Postby John Guay » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:17 am

Hi Chase,

Thanks for posting and we appreciate the offer for boat support. If your plans change come and have some fun! Hope fully we'll get lucky and get some wind. It seems like we're due for northerlies. :)))
John Guay

Postby John Guay » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:49 am

Hi everyone,

I am posting a reminder that we are scheduled for the Utah Summer Games Kite events Saturday September 14 at Lincoln Beach. We will have a course race with both directional board and twin tip categories and freestyle events. Pre registration is $25 at http://usawindsports.com/wp-content/upl ... alForm.pdf. On site registration is $30. All procedes go to Shriners Children's Hospital. We hope to have a skippers at meeting at 4:00pm and start events at 5:00pm weather permitting. We will post updates as we get closer. If anyone would like to volunteer to help out on site send me an email. We need enough participation for both men's and women's categories so please get the word out! :)))
John Guay

Postby John Guay » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:29 am

Looks like we may get lucky and have some Northerly wind at Lincoln for Saturdays Summer Games. We will start on site registration at 4:00pm. Based on wind we'll let you know what time the skippers meeting will occur. Events will include a course race and freestyle competition. Please remember your PFD! :)))
John Guay

Return to Main Message Board