Chris "Pepe" Sherwin Rest In Peace

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Chris "Pepe" Sherwin Rest In Peace

Postby John Guay » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

I thought you would all want to know that Pepe passed away last night. Chris was an awesome individual and friend, who will be missed by all of us. I will always remember Pepe flying high over the hillsides of Strawberry River. Here is a copy of a memo that was sent to all Deer Valley employees.

"It is with great sadness that we share the news of Chris ‘Pepe’ Sherwin’s passing. Chris will always be remembered for his pranks, quick wit, tenacity and incredible love of life and living it to his fullest.

Chris worked at Deer Valley for 19 winter seasons, 11 of those as Deer Valley’s Mountain Host Manager. Chris’ love of Deer Valley extended from the boundaries of the resort with his ‘mountain host’ hat always on, no matter where he was or whom he was with. He met the love of his life, Kathy, in a singles line at a ski resort in Washington and they have been together ever since that chairlift ride.

During this time of grief, we ask that you please respect the family’s privacy.

In lieu of flowers, the Sherwin family has asked that donations be made to the Hunstman Cancer Institute or the Kidney Cancer Association."

As I receive any additional information I will add to this post.

John
John Guay

Re: Chris "Pepe" Sherwin Rest In Peace

Postby Richard Kennedy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:50 pm

This is my first post on UWRA. God speed Pepe, you were one of the great ones and will be greatly missed. I remember you as my maestro de espanol, writing from down here in Baja, we went big for you today!

Ricardo
Richard Kennedy

Postby Marc Hauver » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 pm

What a pleasure to have known him and his zest for life. My prayers are with his family at this time. He will be missed..
Marc Hauver

Postby mike mccarthy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:44 pm

I did not know you very well Chis, but the time I did spend with you on the water and snow was always fun, you always had such a Great attitude
I do think I did see you jump so high this fall that you touched the bottom side of heaven??? now I am sure that you did!!! Please say hi to my Mom, and my very good buddy Mitch..this World will miss you. please know that the our thought are with your family in this difficult time.

Mike and Tomi McCarthy
mike mccarthy

Postby Todd Jacques » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:49 pm

RIP my good friend. What else to say but we will miss you. You were a master kiter. To many good times to even mention. Heart goes out to Kathy and your family.
You should be proud of the way you represented yourself at all times.... except in Padre:)
:mrgreen:
Todd Jacques

Postby Eric Gustafson » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:56 am

Pepe,
Thanks for the smile, the stoke and best attitude ever. Soar on my friend
Eric Gustafson

Postby bradsaxe » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:20 am

Heavy heart today. I will forever kite in your memory and try to live with some fraction of the stoke you brought every day.
bradsaxe

Postby jonpeachey » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:48 am

I didn't know Chris well, but he had a definite impact on me. I always felt like a better person after talking to him. Kiting was always better when he was around. He will be greatly missed!
jonpeachey

Postby Leo Chan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:05 pm

I am going to miss the hell out of him. We gonna have to ride better and enjoy more riding for him.
Leo Chan

Postby stevejmayer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:42 pm

inspiration to all. I often found myself wondering how I'd handle his situation and every time I just cried. He may have shed some tears but I never saw any, all I saw was a kick as kiter who was always going huge and never said a word or complained.

Hope the Wind God has been good to you this week :).
stevejmayer

Postby JimSouthwick » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Maybe the most inspiring talk you'll ever hear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoJKx0T ... e=youtu.be
JimSouthwick

Postby BradHuber » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Chris,

It was always great having you on the beach. Thanks for sharing your stoke. Thanks for organizing events like night snowkiting last year. RIP, you are missed.

Brad
BradHuber

Postby BradHuber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Does anyone know of a link to an obituary? I would love to read.

Thnx
BradHuber

Return to Main Message Board