2004 9m Boxer & 2005 12m Cabrinha Element Recon

Buy and Sell your kite gear here. Ads automatically removed after 6 months

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Sell or give away whatever you consider pertinent to kiting.
-Please delete what you've sold. Or update post after 3 months. (unless they are informatively helpful posts)

2004 9m Boxer & 2005 12m Cabrinha Element Recon

Postby Lisa Moss » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:09 pm

2004 9m Boxer (4 line C kite) $150

2005 12m Cabrinha Element with Recon System (4 line C kite) $350

Both kites come complete with bar and lines and are in excellent condition. Honestly they've probably only been used around 10 times. We bought these in the fall of 05 and next spring i got a job at a kiteshop and had access to all the new kites so we never had to use our own gear. And it was hard to go back to flying C kites after flying bows.

Honestly these kites suck compared to bow kites, but if you're looking at buying crappy gear off ebay, at least these ones have the proper bar & lines and don't have any patches on them.

Lisa
Lisa Moss

Questions about your kite.

Postby Shaun Eaton » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:33 am

Hey Lisa I;m not sure what a 4 line C kite is, but I'm new to this sport and am looking for an entry level kite. Is the 9m a de-power kite? Is it also a good kite for kiteboarding?
Shaun Eaton

Lesson?

Postby bordy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:46 am

Shaun,

Spend your money on lessons first! You should know everything about kites and Kiting before you buy a kite.

This sport can be dangerous. Take lessons then buy gear.

There really is no such thing as a entry level kite.
bordy

Got em'

Postby Shaun Eaton » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:55 am

I was down at Skyline last weekend with WindzUp and the owners of Ozone in a 3 day class and also 2 days up on the hill. I learned how to fly the Ozone trainer over 3 weeks ago and I now know how to fly the Access XC. I think I'm ready for my own kite.
Shaun Eaton

Postby joshgubler » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:52 pm

Hey Shaun,

It looks like you're in the same boat I was in after first taking lessons a year ago...you know how to fly a foil and that's it. If you have a few hours to spare check out http://www.kitesurfingschool.org. That should give you a decent grasp on the terminology and the different types of kites that are out there.

To get you started, there are basically 4 types of kites in use today:
Open cell foils - this is what you have experience with.
Closed cell foils - basically the same, but don't sink if you crash them in water.
Leading Edge Inflatables (LEI's) - These have 4 or 5 lines and are also called C kites because they are shaped like a 'C'.
Bow kites - also called Flat LEI's or Straight Leading Edges (SLE's). Basically the same design as an LEI, but with a flatter shape.

All of the different types of kites have pro's and con's. Search around on this forum and on kiteforum.com and you'll find a lot of info.

Whatever you do, I agree with bordy in principle. Make sure you know how to be safe out there. I think it's possible to train yourself, but you have to take it slow and not get frustrated easily. If, on the other hand, you think you're ready to get up and going fast now...make sure that what you received from WindzUp constituted a lesson and not just an introduction.

p.s. sorry for hijacking your thread, Lisa.
joshgubler

Postby Lisa Moss » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:46 pm

Shaun,

The 12m is sold. The kites I'm selling are not going to be as easy as flying a trainer (or flying the Access). If you're looking at inflatable kites definately make sure to take lessons so you know how to use that type of kite.

For a good entry level kite buy a foil (Ozone Access, etc) or a bow kite (Best Warroo, Cabrinha Crossbow, etc.), but expect to spend some money and make sure to invest in some lessons.

2004 9m Boxer Honest Review

depower: sucks (like all the kites back then)
Use: water or snow
relaunch: sucks (hard to relaunch a C kite with only 4 lines)
condition: excellent
Flys: crappy
Ease of learning: bad - very slow learning curve
Power: unless you're a major lightweight or plan on riding in some strong winds, this 9m is probably too small for you

If you're still interested in the kite let me know.

-Lisa
Lisa Moss

Thanks

Postby Shaun Eaton » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:46 am

Lisa,
Thank you for all the information. From the sounds of it I think I will get a kite form my brother he is the dealer with Ozone and I'll probable start out riding flat land around Herriman and work my way up to Strawberry. Hopefully get good enough to go riding with Marty and Jon M. Unforenatly I dont think I'll be buying your kite. Sorry, but you kinda talked me out of it. Thanks again for the info.

Shaun
Shaun Eaton

Thanks

Postby Shaun Eaton » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:46 am

Lisa,
Thank you for all the information. From the sounds of it I think I will get a kite form my brother he is the dealer with Ozone and I'll probable start out riding flat land around Herriman and work my way up to Strawberry. Hopefully get good enough to go riding with Marty and Jon M. Unforenatly I dont think I'll be buying your kite. Sorry, but you kinda talked me out of it. Thanks again for the info.

Shaun
Shaun Eaton

Re: Thanks

Postby bordy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:04 pm

Shaun Eaton wrote:Lisa,

Shaun

Smart move Shaun. Lisa would love to sell her kite. But as a new rider its just not right for you. Talk with Jon and Mart they can point you in the right direction

I am on the Best snowkite team and love my Best kites in the snow. they are SLEs+ I get to use the same kites in the water. Ozone make lots of good kites. Your brother sounds like your best bet!

Have fun be safe.
bordy

Postby whit » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:16 am

Lisa, or anyone interested. I have a 12M Naish Boxer from that same era (2004-2005) Blue and White. If anyone wants to make a quiver with your 9M. I will sell it cheap. Whit
whit

Return to Kites Buy/Sell