Lake Garda 5/7,8/08 120 JP and 6.4

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Lake Garda 5/7,8/08 120 JP and 6.4

Postby rob smith » Sun May 11, 2008 7:49 am

First time on this beautiful lake. Just in time to see where the new Bond film dunked an Aston Martin in the lake. Plenty of facilities to rent good gear. Nice blue green water and quite a spectacular view of the Dolomites. Rented all but my wetsuit that I took over. Still not a bad deal renting, it was about 29 euros or 45 bucks (would be better with a stronger dollar). The wind picked up at about noon (like clockwork) and was pretty filled in all afternoon. There is a very long reach from one side of the lake to the sheer cliff walls on the other. Kind of reminded me of Utah lake... except for the beautiful water and... There are plenty of other diversions such as incredible road, mountain biking and eating good northern italian food. Just a quick drive from Munchen at 200 kph (we were still being passed).

Rob Smith
rob smith

Re: Lake Garda 5/7,8/08 120 JP and 6.4

Postby Craig Goudie » Mon May 12, 2008 9:41 am

I've spent some time sailing Garda myself. A beautiful location with good wind, and very
liberal beach attire ;*). Torbole is like a European HR only instead of going back to
the tent to sleep, the clientèle just parties all night! Great place to sail, great place to view killer mountains ;*).

-Craig

rob smith wrote:First time on this beautiful lake. Just in time to see where the new Bond film dunked an Aston Martin in the lake. Plenty of facilities to rent good gear. Nice blue green water and quite a spectacular view of the Dolomites. Rented all but my wetsuit that I took over. Still not a bad deal renting, it was about 29 euros or 45 bucks (would be better with a stronger dollar). The wind picked up at about noon (like clockwork) and was pretty filled in all afternoon. There is a very long reach from one side of the lake to the sheer cliff walls on the other. Kind of reminded me of Utah lake... except for the beautiful water and... There are plenty of other diversions such as incredible road, mountain biking and eating good northern italian food. Just a quick drive from Munchen at 200 kph (we were still being passed).

Rob Smith
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Postby Carl Christensen » Mon May 12, 2008 12:05 pm

what a jet setter.
Carl C.
Carl Christensen

Postby rob smith » Tue May 13, 2008 11:44 am

We were not quite as lucky as Craig with the all night parties although we did appreciate the liberal attire or lack of. Great place to go... just a long commute (about 20 h flying and a few hours drive). The windsurfing only ends up being half the experience.
rob smith

Postby RickHeninger » Tue May 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Sweet Rob... I drove by Lake Garda but it was dark! :x But the Dolomites we did drive through in the light from Munich and they are awesome! But um, yeah, the beach attire, if it was anything like it was on the Riviera was sparse... That's killer you got to sail. (Maui's next) ;)
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Return to Wind Log