Kenny's Where to Ride New Year's Eve

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Kenny's Where to Ride New Year's Eve

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:24 am

Normally, after a big snowfall everyone piles in their cars and heads to Strawberry. However, today the forecast looks different. Instead of normal clearing winds, we have high pressure building and a switch to SW winds in the mountains. It may blow light and intermittently at Strawberry. If you go, your best chance is Ladders or the Marina. The cabins will probably be the best shot, but I am not sure about coverage there. If you have a sled, you are golden as the wind looks good above 9,000 feet. A more sure bet will be Skyline or PowMow with wind in the low to mid teens and deep snow. There may be some visibility issues at PowMow. I noticed that the storm had not cleared yet when I checked the cam this AM. Evanston should also have wind in the low to mid teens.

New Year's Day is looking like light winds at Skyline and PowMow, cut powder conditions.

Saturday is showing promise at Skyline and Strawberry, but there is also snow in the forecast so stay tuned...
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Kenny's Where to Ride New Year's Eve

Postby TSterling » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:01 am

Strawberry is in dire need of snow in most everywhere except the River and on the ice. Chicken creek didn't look too bad but mud creek, cabins, and co-op were all really poor on Tuesday. Ladders and Marina can be lake sites so they are rideable but not off the ice. Hopefully the storm laid it down out there.
TSterling

Postby Tyler_Lyon » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:11 am

Bluffdale is blowing right now and there is great coverage here. I will be riding until 1 or 2 is my guess hope to some one else out here with me
Tyler_Lyon

Postby Sarah Ranes » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:50 am

Hey Tyler, what is the address in Bluffdale? I remember you talking about this when I met you last summer, but I'm not sure where you go? I can't make it today, but maybe tomorrow. I would love to come and see where you ride, and see if it is safe enough for a noob like me. It would be great to have somewhere close by to ride. Please post again if you are going to be there again tomorrow. It would be fun to at least come and check it out. happy new year! Sarah
Sarah Ranes

Postby Todd Jacques » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:54 pm

hey sara the great uwa site that we have has bluffdale marked on goole maps already. It is under "Local Sites & Map"
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 897461&z=6
Todd Jacques

Postby Tyler_Lyon » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:49 pm

Just finished a 16 m overpowed session on 10inches of pow and a 2inch hard packed base.. amazing morning I was at 2700 w. And about 14000 south in a large farm.. wind is still blowing hard but the thermal is starting to gusty. It might peak again tonight with the storm coming in. I plan to ride again tomorrow. Blows from 6am to 1 or 2 almost everyday here usally big kite wind. Also for those who whish to get midight sessions text me and I will come ride vally light gives it plenty to ride with..... 801-792-6585
Tyler_Lyon

Postby Sarah Ranes » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:08 am

thanks Tyler, I should have checked the map! thanks for the reply, I want to come check it out. Maybe see you there.
Sarah Ranes

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride