Scam!

Buy and Sell your kite gear here. Ads automatically removed after 6 months

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Sell or give away whatever you consider pertinent to kiting.
-Please delete what you've sold. Or update post after 3 months. (unless they are informatively helpful posts)

Scam!

Postby Tom Reynolds » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:33 am

I posted a Yakuza GT 10m for sale, and so far the following is the only response - obviously a scam. Just another heads up to everyone to beware of scams.

Asher Katz" <ak8175@gmail.com
Hi,
I really appreciate the information given towards making this transaction a successful one........i will like us to carry on with this deal with trust and understanding cos i'm presently out of the state while my Wife (Mrs Katz) is around and i will be returning back to the State very soon....Am okay with the least price ($900) and the presently condition ...also like you to know that the pics is looking so wonderful.....I'll be offering you $950 for it...I will really appreciate it if you can get back to me with your full details because i will asked my Business Associate who is presently in the State too (USA) to issue out a payment check/money order for the amount ($4,000) which will be covering the shipping cost because the shipping firm will be picking it up along with some other goods that are to be shipped for me in the state...Am doing this just because i believe that i can trust you with my money...hope you will not turn me down?

Get back to me with the following details....
YOUR NAME IN FULL...............to be written on the check
CONTACT ADDRESS.........
CITY..........
STATE...........
COUNTRY..............
ZIP CODE.............
CELL PHONE NUMBER............

Pls do not bother about any other buyer, i believe things will work as plan. Concerning the pick up i've arrange that with my shipping firm because they are picking it up along with other goods that are to be shipped for me in the state AND the shipping firm will contact u as well for a strong arrangement...... All you need to do is to get the check cashed at your bank immediately you do receive it,deduct the total cost and get the remaining fund send to the shipping firm same day via Western Union Money Transfer so that the shipping firm will be coming to your location for the pick up....pls kindly make all the document ready to enhance a smooth shipment. I tried getting to you on phone but i do not have your phone number with me......Hope to hear from
you ASAP.
Best Regards and Stay blessed .
Asher Katz
FAX 44-2072223058
Phone #+447031842962
#+447031842838
N.B Make sure you mail me back immediately you get this message in other to proceed.
Tom Reynolds

Re: Scam!

Postby Leo Chan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:33 am

LOL. This sort of thing always make me laugh. I will send him the $3,100 back via Western Union. :lol:
Leo Chan

Postby mike johnson » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 am

wonder where this guy is ?? do they think we are all idiots?
mike johnson

Postby ChrisPSherwin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:57 pm

yeah, I've had this scam a few times on Ebay - I like to ask them for their shipping address, and then tell them that I will deliver it myself because I have an FBI agent's seminar in that city in a few days, I have yet to hear back from any of them
ChrisPSherwin

Postby Leo Chan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:50 pm

I got hit by the scam. :cry: I told him I live nearby and will deliver the board. Let's see what would happen. :mrgreen:
Leo Chan

Postby mike johnson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:39 am

go get 'em take your camera
mike johnson

Postby Leo Chan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:29 pm

once i told him i live near him, he stop emailing me. he has no idea where Malaysia is. :lol:
Leo Chan

Postby bigwavedave » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 pm

I love that people ar out there still trying this scam - oldest one in the book. I tell them to send the check to their shipper and have HIM send ME a western Union payment. I sell stuff online for a living so i see them all. One that I see more recently that I know people have been burned on is a paypal one. They will actually offer to send you a paypal payment and then they or a friend will pick the item up at your house. Sounds legit right?? Only problem is that they'll either pay with a hacked account, or in some cases will even pay with their account and then file a claim with paypal stating that they never received the item. If you can't prove that you shipped the item to them via an online accessible tracking # with signature then they'll reverse the payment and there's nothing you can do about it. Even if you file a police report then unless they can find your item or you have some way to prove they took it then you have no recourse. I let people know that it's Cash at pickup only or if using paypal l'll only ship the their paypal confirmed address so there's a tracking #.
bigwavedave

Postby Leo Chan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:27 pm

I just got 4 money orders worth $4,100 (for a $500 board) from a bank that doesn't exist. Who wants $4,1000? :mrgreen:
Leo Chan

Postby Kenny » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:59 am

Dave,

Thank you for sharing the Paypal scam. That one could trip up and inexperienced seller.

You would have to be brain-dead to fall for the one that came Tommy's way.

kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby Leo Chan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:00 pm

I got the scammer to give me his address (in England) and I filed a police report with the police department at the city where I suppose to send the money. 8)
Leo Chan

Return to Kites Buy/Sell