Where to Ride Friday 1/9

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride Friday 1/9

Postby Kenny » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:20 am

Strawberry and Skyline both look good early afternoon when the storm clears. Wind should be mid to upper teens with some fresh snow.

Rush should also give up rides and Park City is a possibility.

Tomorrow is not as promising. Evanston looks rideable and PowMow is showing some possibility.
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Where to Ride Friday 1/9

Postby Jason Klein » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:19 pm

what? no humerous anecdote?
Jason Klein

Postby bigwavedave » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:32 pm

How about a Movie Review . . . Mama Mia . . . Don't see it!!!. It's GAY GAY GAY!!! I not only want my $1 back from redbox but I want compensation for lost wages & Emotional Torment!! Never again will I preview a movie for my daughter just to make sure it's OK. From now on if it's PG-13 . . she just can' see it!!
bigwavedave

Postby Kenny » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:41 pm

sorry guys, I was in a hurry so I could go snowkiting!

Dave, I am with you when it comes to Mama Mia, the most excruciating part was Pierce Brosnan's singing (my ears hurt just thinking about it). The other part I didn't get was the casting. Why pick a 60 year old woman (Meryl Streep) to be the mother of a 20 year old? The generation gap was so obvious that it made the show that much more ridiculous.

I saw the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. First off, let me just say that like most guys I am not a fan of Brad Pitt. He seems to play the same character in just about every movie he is in, okay he is not as bad as Matthew McConaughey (happy-go-lucky, southern guy with his shirt off half the movie), but that is another story. Back to the movie. It is long, but it is well-crafted. If you like movies that are more like a tall tale (i.e. Big Fish, Forrest Gump) then this movie will probably appeal to you. The characters development is much better than the crap Hollywood has been pumping out lately. The characters are genuinely interesting and keep the show entertaining throughout. If you haven't heard already it is the story of a man who is born old and progressively becomes younger. I thought it was a rewarding movie. A man lives a life much different from our own, yet the character is approachable and one can relate to him and his plight. I recommend it. However, if you have ants in your pants and can't sit still for more than 2 hours, this movie at 2 hours and 45 minutes is not for you.
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby bigwavedave » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 pm

i'll agree with you on Pierce Broznin's singing. All the good that The Thomas Crown Affair did for his machismo . . . was undone the moment he started singing. And Meryl Streep should have her academy awards taken away after that painful of a performance. Mama Mia . . . like a gay pride parade without the boa's . . . wait . . i think there was a boa!
bigwavedave

Postby Reed Rossbach » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:28 pm

um...you rented a musical written around music from ABBA and expected what..."Pale Rider?"
Reed Rossbach

Postby tjacques » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:55 pm

now i know i made a good decision to not subscribe to where to ride. too much chitter chatter. read the rules, do not reply to others post on forecasting. some of us pay to get a cell phone text on what is important. if you have something to say go to main message board. otherwise leave the important where to ride stuff alone!!! IMHO :twisted:
tjacques

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride