Where to Ride 1/10 - Saturday

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 1/10 - Saturday

Postby Kenny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:33 am

The NOAA point forecasts look dismal for wind, but there are good upper level NW winds. So the higher the elevation the better (or go to Wyoming where it always blows!)

Best bet is Evanston with wind in the mid to upper teens - not sure about coverage, but I imagine Sulphur is good. BTW, this is a good spot for beginner's

Skyline is promising for light NW winds in the 10 - 15 mph range. Coverage is sweet with crusted/blown powder conditions.

Strawberry may give up some rides if you can get up on the higher ridge lines. Remember to go east for more wind and bring a big kite/board combo. Coverage is excellent with crusted/blown powder conditions.

Tomorrow looks similar to today, more NW flow for rides at higher elevations and Wyoming.

Sorry Todd, but since the forecast is free, so I can make it as long as I wish :twisted:

Restaurant Review - El Chalan located on 15S and 3rd West. This hole in the wall serves up delicious Peruvian food. Never tried Peruvian Food? It is more similar to European cuisine than Mexican. Try the sauteed chicken with pesto spaghetti or the beef and tomato stir-fry served over french fries. The roasted chicken is also a real treat. Go sparingly on the green hot sauce as it packs a real kick. Make sure they give you the condiments of a sliced lime and chopped cilantro and green onions. The food is delicious and different, but not so unique that picky eaters will not find something thing they like, my kids love the place. You know it authentic because most of the diners are native Peruvians.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride