Where to Ride 1/11 Sunday

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 1/11 Sunday

Postby Kenny » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:14 am

Looks like another good day to be a snowkiter in Utah.

Strawberry is looking very good - expect wind in the mid-teens on blown/crusted powder with possible snow squalls.

Skyline plan on wind in the mid-teens on packed snow conditions with some pockets of powder

PowMow - the wind is not the right direction for PM, but Monte Cristo will probably go off since the forecast is for strong winds at PM.

Evanston should be strong with SW winds in the low to mid 20's.

Park City may give up some rides as well.

Tomorrow looks rideable at Skyline and Strawberry, but the wind will be lighter than today.

El Chalan - yesterday, I did a review on a Peruvian restaurant called El Chalan. I went to dinner there last night with my wife and kids. A couple more things of note. The portions are huge, 1 dish will serve two people unless you are a really big eater. We haven't had much luck with any seafood dishes there, stick to the beef and chicken dishes. The menu is the same for lunch and dinner, but at dinner they turn on the TV and play cheesy, low-budget, Peruvian Music Videos.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride