Where to Ride 1/12 Monday

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 1/12 Monday

Postby Kenny » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks to all for posting on the wind log. I was not able to go out yesterday and I am glad to see that there was some great riding by all. Thanks also to Ralph for writing a letter to Talisker and for working on this important negotiation.

Monday looks like another NW wind day at Skyline and Strawberry. Expect mid teens on packed conditions, unless you venture out a bit for pockets of blown and crusted powder.

Evanston will also have light SW wind in the low to mid-teens. Elsewhere does not look promising.

Tuesday looks similar to Monday, albeit slightly lighter winds at Skyline and Strawberry and stronger wind in Evanston.

La Costa Mexican Restaurant is Sandy located on 9400 S. and about 10th East. La Costa is famous for their Carne Asada Steak. They slice it thin, char it and serve with rice, beans, pico de gallo, guacamole and tortillas. One of our friend's teenagers referred to the meat as "burnt meat scraps" several years ago and we have been referring to the Carne Asada as "burnt meat scraps" ever since. Don't get me wrong it is the best Carne Asada that I have ever eaten. This restaurant also serves great chips and salsa. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. We have always had good service. The portions are big and my wife and I often split a meal of Carne Asada. The fajitas are excellent and the usual fare - tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and tamales are all very good. The only thing I don't like about this restaurant is that the front of the restaurant is all glass and has a western exposure, so during the summertime they have a difficult time keeping the place cool. The rest of the year, it is not a problem.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride