Where to find a whiteout 1/24

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to find a whiteout 1/24

Postby Kenny » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:46 pm

As much as I hate whiteouts, we desperately need one after the rain yesterday. Tomorrow, it looks like it is going to absolutely puke at all of the high elevation locations. Probably a better day to do turns at the resorts, but you may get lucky. Fortunately, you can check a webcam before heading out.

Sunday if the storm clears enough there will be some good rides at high elevation. I will be thinking about all of you while I am in church, make some turns for me.

Sundays
I have had the conversation about skiing/boarding on Sunday with my fellow church goers on many occassions. I personally don't think that I will get more riding in the afterlife than those that don't ski on Sunday, nor do I think I am going to a better place, nor do I think that I am a better person. Sunday is not really a day of rest either between meetings and a big family meal. So, why don't I go skiing on Sunday? I guess it comes down to commitment and the promises I have made. Same thing is true during the work week. I am just glad that I have more flexibility than a lot of other working individuals. I can tell you this, kiting for me is often as spiritual as anything I experience on Sunday. The feeling is the same, the difference is on Sunday I learn things that make me appreciate life all the more.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride