Where to Ride 1/26 - Monday

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 1/26 - Monday

Postby Kenny » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:38 pm

Thanks to all of those who posted. I especially enjoyed Chris Sherwin's story of trying to get out at Strawberry. I have been thinking of buying a GPS and setting my car as a waypoint for those days when the possiblity of getting socked in is a real possibility. Thanks also to Brian for the Skyline posts! KiteUtah is down right now and Brian I want to let you know how much I appreciate that site for all of the excellent weather links.

More snow in the forecast tomorrow, but the forecast is lighter, so there is better chance of riding. Skyline and Strawberry both call for NW wind in the low to mid-teens and 2-4" of snow. Should be nice powder after the dumpfest this afternoon and evening.

Tuesday looks better for riding at Stawberry and Skyline with NW wind in the mid-teens or better on nice powder.

A movie review for today - The movie Ghost Town enjoyed only a brief stint in wide release. It stars Ricky Gervais as a dentist that enjoys his profession because he absolutely abhors people in general. He briefly dies while undergoing a colonoscopy and afterwards can see dead people. One of the dead is the actor Greg Kinnear who still has unfinished business with his wife who is played by Tea Leoni. Gervais and Kinnear kept me laughing throughout. Gervais with his sly wit and Kinnear as a clueless lout. Both play small-minded, selfish men each a jerk in his own way. The plot is straight forward with no real twists, a bit of a love story, but the emphasis is more on comedy than romance. It is the performance of Gervais, Kinnear, and Leoni that keep this movie entertaining from start to finish. The movie is now out on DVD.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride