1/29 Where to Ride

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

1/29 Where to Ride

Postby Kenny » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 pm

Another great day to be living in Snowkiting Zion.

Skyline should be good with the typical west winds in the low to mid-teens this afternoon under sunny skies. Surface will be packed and blown powder with plenty of good stashes for those willing to look for it.

Strawberry expect the wind to shift more northerly, but with a strong west component. Should be stronger the farther east you go. Beginners, don't go past the Ladders, that is the last good flat spot. Wind should be low to mid-teens. May be stronger at the Cabins

PM will be rideable, but the riding area is limited. If the meter looks strong, you may want to head over to Monte. I suspect Monte has some nice snow if the wind cooperates.

Evanston will also be on in the mid teens all day long.

Tomorrow the wind looks light.

I am feeling a little giddy today after a sunrise session at the cabins. If you are a more experienced rider and you haven't ridden there, you need to give it a try. I rode a mile or two upwind and explored some of the hills and valleys on the edge of the lake, there is just so much terrain to explore. I feel so alive after a session like that.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride