Where to Ride 2/2 - updated

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 2/2 - updated

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:59 am

Forecast still looks on track for today - The thermal at Pineview has kicked in again. Easterly in the morning and westerly in the afternoon.

PV may be the only game in town on Tuesday and Wednesday as high pressure builds over the area.
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Where to Ride 2/2 - updated

Postby Augie » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:15 am

I checked Pineview yesterday at about 4:45pm- skunked!!!
Augie

Postby kenclewis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:16 am

Augie,
Based on what the wind was doing in Weber Canyon yesterday afternoon, that isn't surprising. It never did switch. This morning is looking promising. Jason R is on his way up now. I'll get him to give me an update and post it.

Ken L
kenclewis

Postby Kenny » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:02 am

Augie,

Thank you for letting me know that you got skunked. It appears that the morning thermal seems to always happen, but the afternoon switch is not a given.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby kenclewis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:38 am

Just got a call from Jason who is at Pineview. Wind is light but ridable on about 3 inches of powder on the ice. I believe he is on a 12m blade.

Ken L
kenclewis

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride