Where to Ride 2/10

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 2/10

Postby Kenny » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:08 am

Strawberry is already starting too blow this morning. The wind doesn't look strong, expect low to mid-teens on gusty wind. It may take longer for Skyline to clear out, but I expect that it will be rideable there if it is not socked in. I took a look at the Skyline camera and it looks socked in. The Strawberry cam appears to be covered with snow, not socked-in.

PowMow will be rideable, but limited in scope due to the NW direction of the wind.

Doesn't look promising for lower elevation locations.

Tomorrow is looking like light winds at Skyline and PowMow.
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Where to Ride 2/10

Postby kenclewis » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Based on what the wind meter in Weber Canyon is doing, Pineview might be a good place this afternoon for wind blowing up the canyon onto the lake. I know there is fresh powder there. I wish I could go check it out.
kenclewis

Re: Where to Ride 2/10

Postby Augie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:59 pm

I was going to ride today at either the bomb dump on Hill AFB or Pineview. Pineview looks like the call to me today. I will let you know what it is like.
Augie

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride