Where to Ride 2/15 - Sunday

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 2/15 - Sunday

Postby Kenny » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:09 pm

I am sure some of you went kiting today, please post as I am curious what happened today.

Tomorrow, expect a great day at Skyline and PowMow with S wind in the mid to upper-teens could be much stronger in the afternoon. Wind may be SE all day at Skyline or may start canting to the West later in the day.

The point forecast is not good for Strawberry, but I think it will blow there. May be light and inconsistent, but the south winds are strong enough that it should fire. May be a good day to scope at the Marina and get fresh tracks in some deep, untouched pow. Speaking of deep untouched pow, the Reserve at Skyline should be sweet tomorrow. The wind will be lighter than up top, but should still be good on a large kite and long board.

Evanston should also be good for mid to upper-teen wind. PC may go off as well.

Expect powder everywhere tomorrow, except perhaps Evanston.

President's day looks like more wind and more clouds as an energetic front moves in late in the day.

I went skiing at Brighton today, found some good powder, but I have to say that I get more good powder riding in 30 minutes of kiteboarding than a day of chairlifts. The only satifying part of the day is that my 12 year old son, Jack can now negotiate black diamond runs with deep, cut-powder conditions - he made his dad proud. This evening I went to the Spaghetti Factory with my son (wife is out of town). It is sad how Trolley Square has turned into a ghost town.
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Where to Ride 2/15 - Sunday

Postby adamsuper » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:03 am

what is the best spot today? what site can you use to look at the cams?
adamsuper

Postby Mark Johnson » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:11 am

Here is the skyline cam
I do not have a good wind meter link
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/images/slc/came ... mFrames=10
Mark Johnson

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Adam,

Best spot for riding depends on your personal preference, riding style, and ability level. Check my posting in the general message area requesting that the links be added to the UWA weather page. The links are listed there. However, today you want need them, skies are clear.

I usually list the riding spots by best opportunity for wind and snow conditions.

I personally would go to Skyline today with PowMow as a close second. I like Skyline better because there is more terrain to explore and it is free.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride