10/29 Marginal Snowkiting Forecast

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

10/29 Marginal Snowkiting Forecast

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:31 am

Well, it looks like Skyline got the goods last night. I am depending on Brian and Heather for a report today on how rideable it is at this point. Wind should be good there today and tomorrow. Other locations may be rideable as well, if you are willing to hike you may actually find some decent snowkiting in the high Wasatch. Grassy fields are mostly grass again by now. Not sure if Powder Mountain is rideable yet either, I can see from the webcam that there is snow - depth and coverage is more difficult to guage - Augie or Les, please report. I don't recommend riding PowMow today as it is lousy on a north wind. I am just curious about the coverage.

My suggestion to beginners is to stay home and be patient (actually not bad advice for most of us). Nothing is harder on your expensive kites than tangling them in the bushes and dropping them on rocks.
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: 10/29 Marginal Snowkiting Forecast

Postby Jacob Buzianis » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:06 pm

Kenny back!!!!

I would follow Kenny advice. We need one more big 3 ft storm. It's rideable out there but it small and a lot of shark rocks.
Jacob Buzianis

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride