Kenny's Where to Ride 12/6

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Kenny's Where to Ride 12/6

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:49 am

It looks like there will be marginal wind this afternoon at Skyline. Coverage is still the big question. Skyline did receive snow, I just don't know how much. It is difficult to tell from the UDOT cams. The upper one shows a partially cleared road. The lower is foggy at this time.

Monday looks like a storm day at Skyline - let's hope it lasts all day and night.

Tuesday looks like strong clearing winds at Skyline in the afternoon. Could be a good day, IF the storm clears out early enough and IF there was enough snow deposited to cover up the rocks and dirt. Park City and other lower elevations may offer up some park riding as well. The good news is that the ground is so cold that any snow that comes down is going to stick, so valley riding may be possible in many locations if the storm gives us the goods. The amount of snow is iffy, so we will just keep our fingers crossed.
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Kenny's Where to Ride 12/6

Postby ChrisPSherwin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:41 pm

As of 6pm Sunday night, it's dirt and grass with .5 inches of snow around Park City. Powder Mt is still not open to the public, but I wonder if they got a little more than Alta (1 inch) yesterday? I have been looking at the hidden lake cam, but I can't really tell. Maybe Auggie would know?

Also at 9300 feet up hill from Heber it's still a patchwork of 3 inches to dirt. I might try to check out the area just west of wolf creek summit if the road is still open in a couple of days. :??
ChrisPSherwin

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Chris,

Thank you for the PC snow report. Hopefully, the storm tomorrow will drop some much needed snow. PowMow usually needs several big storms before it is kiteable, the launch area is full of rocks.

The storm tomorrow is coming from the south and promises to bring snow to south and central utah. Not sure how Skyline will fare, but we can hope for the best!

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby Leo Chan » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:47 pm

When will Strawberry Res fully frozen? If the lake is frozen, we can at least do it on the Chicken Creek East and West. :roll:
Leo Chan

Postby Augie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Pow Mow is still too rocky. Maybe by this weekend. The snotel for Monte Cristo is reading 16 inches right now. However that is the summit and not at ant flat where the kiting is. Maybe Marty can ride to the summit with his snowmobile and ride though.
Augie

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride