Kenny's Where to Ride 12/7

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Kenny's Where to Ride 12/7

Postby Kenny » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:17 am

Today looks like snow, but not much wind.

Tuesday is looking like a whiteout at Skyline. Light wind riding may be possible at PC and valley locations in the afternoon. Maybe even Rush. Stay tuned.

Wednesday the wind and snow may be right for Skyline. This storm is supposed to blanket Skyline, let's hope it happens!
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Kenny's Where to Ride 12/7

Postby ChrisPSherwin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:40 pm

The Park City Field across from the NAC (Desperation Flats?) has about 5 inches of super fluffy snow. I walked out there and my shoes were making firm footsteps onto the ground. Looks like a BIG maybe for the super adventurous there.

We picked up 9 inches at Deer Valley at about 9000 feet, but that snow is even lighter. Reports from patrol at Sundance say they picked up 24 inches in the last 24 hours and they were hitting bottom through the snow during mountain setup today. With that in mind, I have to wonder if maybe Strawberry got a bunch of snow? If I get crazy, maybe I'll drive there tomorrow to find out. We have about 8 on the ground in Heber.
ChrisPSherwin

Re: Kenny's Where to Ride 12/7

Postby Kenny » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:18 pm

Chris,

Thanks for the report. The limiting factor at Strawberry is the sagebrush. If the water is frozen at Chicken Creek East and the snow has adhered to the ice, it may be rideable. It is doubtful that you will find rideable terrain elsewhere. However, I would appreciate a report.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride