July Fourth Breakfast in the Bath Tub

Let people know when you're headed out.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, Time"
Example:
04/10/2010 Rush Lake ~5PM It's gonna blow 3.7!

July Fourth Breakfast in the Bath Tub

Postby Josh Shirley » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:58 pm

I guess windsurfing and wind forecasting has made me a superstitious person. You know, if I predict wind all chances of wind will evaporate in high pressure heat. So what I am about to do takes a lot guts. Craig I don't know how you get past the murphys law with your forecasts.

Anyway I think it is time for a 4th of July windsurfer morning rally at Grantsville. (if Rush lake had water I would say everyone should go there instead.)

I am betting my July 4th pancakes and sausage that the bath tub will through up some morning wood, sorry I mean wind. Bring your 5.0 to 6.5 cloth. Maybe even a campout to save walking space between the fishermen to the lake.

I can't remember a 4th that I have sailed in Utah so sorry Ken, John, George, Jim, and the rest of the crew. I blew it, the forecast is going to change for the worse. I appologize in advance.

Maybe I can bring my grill and we can cook up some pancakes after 3 hours of 5.x sailing.
The good stuff starts at sun up! It ends when Rick McClain shows up.

Bring your GPS and I will award the fastest sailor a $20 gift certificate to the D.I. or a consulation prize of a sunny side up egg.
Whatever thou art, do well thy part.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Re: July Fourth Breakfast in the Bath Tub

Postby RickHeninger » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:24 pm

Yipikayay!

We've talked about this for a couple of days and I think that the "Breezy" forecast is enough! Especially that it's lining up for something later in the day... Yeah, we're probably wrong... But if not, it's going to be a great morning for getting that itch scratched. Yeah, the fisherman migh be a lee bit of a crowd but hey, makes for even more multitasking then there already is...

BTW... The "grass" area midway up the lake is a good place to park because of the vegitation there, but if you park at the south opening on a south it's always a relatively easy straight shot back to the car... And closer to the bathrooms, oh and not to mention less distance driving over the rocky terrain. Just a thought.

PS Josh, I think that you might be at your limit with morning wood and stretchy pants being mentioned in the same post... Just another thought!
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Return to It's Blowing I'm Going