12/15 San Juan, PR

Let people know when you're headed out.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, Time"
Example:
04/10/2010 Rush Lake ~5PM It's gonna blow 3.7!

12/15 San Juan, PR

Postby dave holmgren » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 am

Whoo- whoo! Warm water. What a concept. Praying for wind.

By the way, anyone else wanna go ? Right now it's me, Erik, my daughter Lorax (don't nobody go getting any ideas- I keeeel you. Seriously), and Peter Miller.
Awesome half moon shaped kitebeach, side shore winds all the time, a barrier reef, and offshore surfing if you ride out to the waves on the reef. And a great community of kiters there- I first went there in '02. A bit more pricey than Cabarete, but a bit safer, too (American hospitals- important if you ever need any dings patched...), lots of flights -and no passport required.
www.kitesurfpr.com has some great info, and good folks.

Then I'll be ready for the snow season.
dave holmgren

Re: 12/15 San Juan, PR

Postby mike loeser » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Dave,
I got plans to ride PR in Jan. Best time to get out of the cold here in Utah. You'll have to let me know any places to ride. We are staying near Jobo's hoping to get some surfing done. At least try. I have been trying to line up a trip to La Pargueara sp? Last time I was there I got someone to drop me off at the mangroves and had to call him when I was done. Not the safest thing to do.
Let me know if you find someone to take you out there. A definite must do. Also get some Empanadas. I've have been craving those since I left.
Mike L.
mike loeser

Re: 12/15 San Juan, PR

Postby dave holmgren » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:08 pm

hoping to try a few spots while there, but will probably work the kinks out first in the kiddie pool, then maybe some surfing out on the reefs a mile offshore. I've known the guys at kitesurfpr.com for a while, and haven't been steered wrong yet. Can't wait...
dave holmgren

Return to It's Blowing I'm Going