Brand Spanking New Kiter

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Brand Spanking New Kiter

Postby CPratt » Tue May 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Hello.

I'm Chad from Salt Lake. Just started kiting with the encouragement of my friend John L about 6 months ago and love it. While I'm getting the kite part down I still have only gone about 100 yds(if that) on a snowboard. Little nervous about the water (not that it is any different on the snow) and was hoping someone had a good local resource for water instruction. I plan on going to both the Utah Lake Beginner Day and the Utah Summer Games at Deer Creek(no, won't be competing). Hope to meet some of you there.

Chad
CPratt

Re: Brand Spanking New Kiter

Postby Kenny » Wed May 27, 2009 9:25 am

Chad,

Welcome to the kiting community. Kiting on the water is a bit different than the snow. Riding on the water requires more power than on the snow to overcome the natural resistance of the water and to stay up on a plane. As far as lessons are concerned, I suggest contacting www.kiteutah.com. They have several excellent instructors. I think you are wise to pursue further instruction as it will increase your enjoyment and safety. You will also progress much faster than if you flail around on your own. I hope to see you out on the water.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby CPratt » Thu May 28, 2009 1:52 pm

Kenny,

Thanks for the reply. I had checked their website out in the past but this time (to setup lessons) their site is offline. Hopefully this is just a technical problem with the site and they haven't gone out of business. I called and left them a voicemail but haven't heard anything back yet.
CPratt

Postby Jacob Buzianis » Thu May 28, 2009 4:10 pm

If you haven't heard back from them yet, call this dude Bordy. His number is 435-602-2935. He's one of the instructor for kiteutah.
Jacob Buzianis

Postby bordy » Fri May 29, 2009 7:52 am

yup call me...
bordy

Postby CPratt » Fri May 29, 2009 9:46 am

Called again last night and spoke with Heather. The site was down due to a technical error.
CPratt

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum