new to kiteboarding... on water

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

new to kiteboarding... on water

Postby christinastory » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Hey so I am a beginning/intermediate snowkiter living in Park City, but have little to no experience on water. I was introduced to the sport by Chris Sherwin this past winter, but I am looking for some help transitioning to water. I have all of my own gear, and have been told Deer Creek and Utah Lake are the places to start but to make sure I get in touch with some of you "veterans" on this forum for advice on wind conditions and launch sites. My roommate is also somewhat new to the sport, so we would be able to help each other launch and land etc. Any help or advice on how best to make the transition, or where to start would be much appreciated :)

Christina
christinastory

Re: new to kiteboarding... on water

Postby Chris G » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Hey, I just started on water a few months ago and after struggling on my own a couple times decided to take a lesson. It was the best thing I could have done. It really helped me to nail the safety and everything. I took it from Billy through kiteutah.com. It is just a suggestion, but one I am glad I followed. Good luck on the journey.

-Chris
Chris G

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum