Cart before the Horse

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Cart before the Horse

Postby Perry Pearson » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:09 pm

I made a few posts alreadyI+just read the newcomer and transplant guide and the intro reccomendation. Here goes:
I got stoked on kiting 3 winters ago when a couple friends said "check out you tube for what these guys are doing"
anyway I got bit .After a few kitemares we shared trying to learn by ourselves the first winter on frozen lakes,
a lesson on the water in San Diego made it safer for me to pursue the sport and set some goals. Another winter and trips to Padre with Lakawa and downwinders at Air Padre made things coalesce. The first time kiting,well if you get it you are always searching for the feeling again.
I am so stoked about Utah for a winter month here. I had quit skiing much for about 15 years but have hit it hard with the wind ride kiting makes available and the dimension it adds to life.
Perry Pearson :mrgreen:
Perry Pearson

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum