Mountainboard Questions

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Mountainboard Questions

Postby Landon Burch » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:09 pm

With spring approaching I'm getting really anxious to give the kite a go atop a mountainboard. However, I know next to nothing about mountainboards and which would be the most ideal for use with a kite. I wouldn't mind having a board with a brake attached to use when it's not all that windy out, but is it possible to detach the brake lines so that I wouldn't have to worry about that getting in the way during kiting? If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.
Landon Burch

Re: Mountainboard Questions

Postby Jon Manwaring » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Landon, I have a MBS Alex Brown board with optional brake system, never really used, except for up and down the driveway, EXACTLY what you need. PM me if interested.

The MBS Pro 6 Alex Brown is the upgraded comp6 board which was a favorite board for young racers and many freestyle kite boarders. This has been tweaked by feedback with Alex to be the ultimate kite freestyle board.

It comes with the Rockstar Pro Aluminium wheels to take maximum side pressure to hold more power. It has the Cam-Lock F3 bindings which fix position and can't be knocked out of setting by board landing up the wrong way. It comes with the Matrix Light trucks and all Stainless Steel Fixings and Bearings.

This board is EVERYTHING a top level kite boarder could want.
Jon
Jon Manwaring

Re: Mountainboard Questions

Postby Tom Reynolds » Fri May 21, 2010 11:02 am

Hey Jon, do you still have that mtn board? If so, how much are you selling for?
Tom Reynolds

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum